Tuesday, July 2, 2013

On Purpose

Dear Sweet (not so little anymore) Girl,

You are so precious.  We have been thinking of you and praying for you and God wanted me to tell you something.

God knitted you together in your mother's womb.  He made you, just the way you are, on purpose.  Read that last part again.  On purpose.  Purpose.  There is a purpose in this.  We might not know what it is right now.  We may never know.  And we don't need to.  We can rest knowing that God made you the way you are for a reason.

That reason may be to bring you closer to God.  I can't imagine that, as I see you sitting on the King's lap already.

The reason might be to bring others closer to God.  Others will look at you and marvel at your peace and joy in a time that might seem chaotic and uncertain.

I pray for healing.  I can't imagine what you are going through.

I pray for wisdom for the doctors.

I pray for continued peace for your family.  Your family is a light and a joy to everyone who meets you.

Finally, I pray that all the glory goes to God.  We don't know God's purpose, but we know He has a purpose.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made.  On purpose.

where Glory meets my suffering