Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

The radio has been playing your song a lot lately and it makes me miss you more.  It might be hard to believe that I only knew you for 14 months, but you have left a lasting impression on my heart, even 37 years after you left this planet.  I can't wait to see you in Heaven and spend time with you.  We have so much in common and I can't wait to tell you all about this life I've had.

I think about the night you went to be with Jesus a lot.  I know the angels kept you healthy enough to feed me, bathe me, and kiss me good night.  I thank God for that.

I know it wasn't what any of us had planned, but it was God's plan and who are we to argue with that?  It made Mom and me closer.  It made us rely on friends who have really become family.  It has given me an intimate empathy for my fatherless students.  It made me fight fiercely to save my husband's life, so my children wouldn't know the same sorrow.  That reminds me, I have two boys.  Their names start with "J", just like you.  And, they both love Jesus, so you will get to meet them too one day.


Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great thou art
How great thou art
Then sings my soul
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art

Love,
Your Little Girl- Susan Kathleen

where Glory meets my suffering