Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Flash Update

Since returning home, I have been BUSY!  Saturday, we had the amazing reunion at the Itty Bitty Olympics.  Sunday, I was on the radio, sharing our exciting journey.  And Monday, I started back to work, hence the quick, short flash update.

Joe is just recovering remarkably well!  I mentioned before that he is craving chocolate, just like his donor does.  ha ha.  Well, now he doesn't care for meat (donor is a vegetarian).  I also told you how his anti-rejection meds keep getting reduced.  Well, they just got reduced again!  One medication was 4 pills in the am and 4 at night.  They just took it down to 2 in the am and 2 at night.  His body is just accepting that kidney as it's own!

If you have been following us, you know that my school district changed insurance carriers a week before the transplant.  That wasn't stressful, said no one.  ever.  The last insurance didn't pay lodging while we were there for testing and whatnot.  We are happy to be in the transplant house, but it will cost us about $1000 for the 6 weeks Joe will be there.  That's on top of our rent payment at home!  So, Joe called the new insurance today and guess what.  They will reimburse us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hallelujah!

He has an appointment tomorrow and the stent will be removed.  If all goes well, they will give him permission to go a distance of up to 2 hours away for the weekend.  We are planning to rendezvous in Payson.  The boys can't wait to see their daddy.  The daddy they have never known.  I am so excited for them.

where Glory meets my suffering