Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Wonderful Turn of Events

As of this morning, Joe was going to have to stay in Phoenix for an additional 2 weeks.  He went to the appointment today as planned.  His kidneys (all three of them) are operating at above 60%.  His white blood cells are still low, but they are lowering his anti-rejection meds to help bring that up.  The doctor told him that he wanted to see Joe tomorrow for more testing on the white blood cells.  Joe walked out of the office, dejected.  

Instead of leaving right way, Joe sat in the lobby and talked with his friend about not being able to go home and what should be their next plan of attack.  

And then his phone rang.  It was from Mayo.  They told him that they had just had a private meeting with his doctors and decided that it was safe for him to go home.  He could just do his bloodwork from Pinetop!  

Meanwhile, the boys and I had a full day at school.  After I put my kids on the bus and got back to my room, I noticed I had a voicemail.  Watch the boys reaction when I played the voicemail on my overhead speakers:  

I honestly thought Jack was going to cry.

Many would say, "wow, wasn't that great that the doctors reconsidered and let him go home."  But, I know the truth.  I know that many, many, many of you banded together and prayed for this homecoming.  What a wonderful turn of events.

where Glory meets my suffering