Sunday, July 22, 2012

Thirsty?

I know this is going to come as a shocker to some of you, but.....Phoenix is HOT in the summer!  It was 108 degrees yesterday.  And humid.  "That makes for a nice combination," said no one ever.

Joe and I have learned that we don't go anywhere without our bottles of water.  I was reminded of a verse in the Bible.  "Jesus answered, 'Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'" John 4:13-14 

Thirsty?




"How is hanging out with Jesus and not His church like hanging out with a severed head?
We can't be in community with Jesus and not His body." Pastor Ernie

To hear more on this topic, go to theChurch sermon archives.

Same CHURCH (it's all God's church), just different location and day of the week, Pastor Gary talks about taking a trip to a new country. 

Would you pay thousands of dollars to see the sights and then NOT listen to your tour guide?  No way.  God gave us a tour guide, the Holy Spirit. 

To hear more on this topic, go to Grace Church sermon archives

Click on the links.  Listen to the sermons, both present and past.  It's not a competition between them.  Here's a secret, they work for the same Boss.  They ALL do!  If you Google "sermon podcast" you will get 1,410,000 results (in .23 seconds!).  They aren't keeping tally marks of who got more page views. 

If I'm talking about community, then why am I promoting an online alternative to going to church?  There are times when we can't get to church.  For instance, right now, Joe and I can't go to church because we are at the Transplant House.  Yet, with modern technology, sermons can be recorded and made available on the internet.  I am so thankful that people have taken the time and resources to make this happen. 

Drink some water today.

where Glory meets my suffering