Monday, July 9, 2012

T-?: Family Time



You will notice from the title, we still don't know how many more days until the transplant.  We are still waiting for the new insurance company to approve the surgery.  We are also waiting for Joe's infection to clear up.  In what could be a disconcerting time, we are comforted by your prayers and scriptures.  A particular verse comes to mind:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6.


In the meantime, we have been stocking up on our snuggle time with the boys.  We played video games together (not my fave, but it's what they wanted to do).  We took them to the movies.  I think Joe and I spent more time looking at the boys, than at the screen.  Gosh, they are handsome boys!  Josh is a popcorn-eating machine.  His hand is in constant motion, putting the kernels in his mouth.  Tub, mouth, tub, mouth, tub, mouth.  He sensed we were watching him and he looked over at us.  He smiled a huge popcorn-filled smile.  Precious.  The boys spent most of the movie in our laps.  I spent the time smelling their hair and rubbing my cheek against their cheeks.  So soft.

We had snuggle time last night as well.  Since last night might have been Joe's last night with the boys for 6 weeks, we sent the 8 other family members out and just snuggled in bed, with the 4 of us.  We watched some Auto-B-Good videos.  If you don't know about them, click here to check them out.  GREAT Christian values.  The boys love them.  We had cherries for our dessert and Josh was a cherry-eating machine!  Bowl, mouth, bowl, mouth, bowl, mouth.  I asked him what he was doing with the pits, and he just looked at me and said, "pits?"  I guess I know the answer to that one.  :) 

Many of you have asked if I will have access to the internet while at the Mayo Clinic.  Yes.  The hospital and transplant house have wi-fi.  I will try to keep you all updated, as much as I can.  There will be times of "radio silence".  Those are times that I will go into prayer-mode.  If you see that I haven't posted in awhile, please join me in prayer.  Speaking of which, here are some specific prayer requests:
  1. Please pray the infection clears.  Today is supposed to be T-1, and he still has it.  In fact, he has pain as well.  His beloved "baby" sister passed away at Christmas.  No one knows EXACTLY what happened, but we know that she had an infection and it spread to her internal organs and they all shut down.  Joe is concerned this is happening to him as well. 
  2. Please pray for the donor, Kris.  We are so thankful for her gift of life.  Please pray that her side of the surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. 
  3. Please pray that Joe's body accepts the new kidney.  Since Joe's condition is genetic, there is a chance his body could attack the new kidney.  But, we serve a powerful God and we pray that the new kidney is accepted. 
  4. Please pray for traveling mercies.  Kris and Ted are heading down to Phoenix today.  It is a long drive and has it's share of perils.  We don't know when we are driving down but please pray for traveling mercies when we do drive. 
  5. Please pray for me.  Pray for strength for the long days.  Wisdom to make the decisions.  Patience for the process. 
Mailing Address: many of you have asked about mail delivery.  We will be at the Transplant House in Phoenix, and you can mail letters, cards, and pics directly to us at:
Joe and Susan Rodriguez
5811 East Mayo Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85054

I have sung this song for many years, but I haven't really injested the true meaning of the words.  I get it now.  Watch the video and read the words (you can click the picture frame in the bottom right corner to make it full-screen).  "Because this broken road prepares Your will for me".

where Glory meets my suffering