Friday, July 6, 2012

T-4: Walking Forward

"The Lord is my Shephard.  I shall not want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me,
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me." Psalm 23:1-4
 

Joe had a hard time keeping food down today.  I think it's the medication for the infection.  His body is just so ready for the new kidney.  However, we may have to wait a little longer.

I told you yesterday that I would believe the new insurance when I saw it.  Well, the percent she quoted was wrong.  Gasp!  The Mayo Clinic called today and told us that they may need to postpone the transplant.  We were expecting that with the kidney infection, but it's actually for another reason.  The new insurance has not approved the transplant yet.  From their point of view, it looks like this.  An employee's husband needs a $200,000+ surgery and we have only covered her for 3 business days?!  We need their approval before we move forward.  Mayo anticipates it would be Thursday of next week. 

Yet, we keep walking.  We don't know if the transplant will be Tuesday, Thursday, or another latter date.  But, we keep walking. 

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death". Look at the verb in that phrase. WALK. It's not "cower" or "hide" in the valley of the shadow of death. But, walk. For Thou art with me. When we go through those hard times, we are not alone.

This uncertainty is cause of much discomfort for some.  Yet, Joe and I are at 100% peace with it.  It's actually quite comforting to be so aligned with my husband.  I KNOW that God is using this experience as a testimony to others.  We don't know why, but that's ok.  We're still walking.  Walking forward.
I will fear no evil!
9“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

where Glory meets my suffering