Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dada



Every morning, Joshua comes downstairs and crawls into our bed.  Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, he notices that Joe is missing and asks, "Is Daddy at dialysis?"  But on the off-days, he snuggles in with Joe.  Unabashedly, he burrows his head into Joe's arms and in a sing-song voice repeats "Dada".  He has no fear, no shame, no guilt.  Just a child, wanting to be in his Daddy's arms, where he knows he will be loved unconditionally.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1  (I love that exclamation mark)  We are children of God.  Amen.

He loves us unconditionally.  "I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love" Romans 8:28. 

He wants us to come to Him.  "Let the children come to Me" Luke 18:16. 

There is no shame or guilt.  "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1. 

I'll be honest.  Sometimes, I approach God with timidity.  I don't want to bother Him with my little life.  I need to remember Joshua nuzzled under his daddy's arms.  "So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God" Hebrews 14:6

where Glory meets my suffering