Saturday, May 12, 2012

Techy Linky

I believe that teaching stayed pretty much the same for hundreds of years.  Yet, in the last 10 years has started to change completely.  In the past, teachers would get their training, go into their room, close the door, and teach.  Now (and I'm so excited about this), teachers can link up with other teachers from across the state, country, or even the world!  Teachers share their lessons, their ah-ha moments, the moments that make us glad we are teachers, and little hints and tips.  The 3AM teacher is one of those teachers.  She doesn't know it, but her lessons have been taught in my little classroom.  To be honest, I don't even really know where she is located.  But she has good stuff.  Consider joining her emails.  


Michelle is offering a linky party where the little, new guys can ask for tutorials on how to spruce up our blogs.  I know what you are thinking.  Susan, don't you have enough on your plate?  Yes, Joe's transplant is coming soon.  Praise God!  However, once he does have the transplant, we will be in the transplant house for 4-6 weeks.  Did y'all read that?!  Four to six weeks away from Jack and Josh (sniffle).  Four to six weeks away from my classroom (nervous butterflies).  I basically won't have anything to do for four to six weeks, except shuttle Joe to and fro doctors appointments.  I hope to spend my time catching up on my reading (yippee!) and sprucing up my blog.  So, here's what I would like to learn:
  1. how to add a grab button
  2. how to make a linky party
  3. how to add a cute signature at the bottom of my posts
  4. how to have an actual header that represents my blog
  5. how to comment on other posts and have either my cute grab button show or my header
  6. how to add "Other posts you might be interested in" at the bottom of my posts
Thank you, Michelle.  You have no idea how big your classroom is!

where Glory meets my suffering