Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's Time

Our lives are like a hike up a mountain.  Most of us have a plan and a path in mind when we start out.  Yet, we soon realize that the trek is full of divergent paths and unforeseen obstacles.  It's our attitude that makes all the difference.

See, I'm the type of person who likes to go from point A to point B.  Straight away.  When we take hikes and there is no trail, I seriously blaze a trail straight up the mountain.  However, God has so much more in store for me.  He puts the twists and turns in my path.  Years ago, I used to get upset with the twists.  But, I have learned that the twists bring me to another side of the mountain that I would have never seen had I not taken that unfamiliar path.  The path brings me around the mountain and provides great vistas.  I have learned to accept and appreciate God's twists.

Recently, God called Joe and I to wait.  We were beside a cool stream, resting in the shade.  We were called to:
Be still and know that He is God.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.


The time wasn't wasted though.  In our time of waiting, we grew closer together and to God.  Yet, we knew that we were waiting.  Waiting for something big.  Waiting.  Patiently waiting to hear God say, "it's time".  

On Tuesday, as Joe and I sat under the tree, drinking from the Living Water, Jesus appeared.  He stretched out His hand and said, "Arise.  It's time.  Your journey continues."  

We are on our feet again.  Moving onward and upward.  It's time.

where Glory meets my suffering