Monday, April 16, 2012

Test Morning Stretches



I love to do this stretch before the BIG. STATE. TEST.

I have the kids slowly (some slower than others, aka, me) bend over and touch their toes without bending their knees.  As they stay in that position, I am slowly telling them that this represents Kindergarten and all they learned that year.

Then, we slowly move up to our knees.  This represents First Grade and all they learned there.

Next, we stop at our hips to represent Second Grade.  At each stop, I have them stay in that position for about 30 seconds, all the while encouraging them to breathe slowly.

This continues with our shoulders (Third Grade) and the air (Fourth Grade).

One might think at that point, we are done.  But then, I have them stand on their tippy-toes and reach for the stars!  This represents how much more they know.  They are practically Fifth Graders (this is a big deal for them).  Reach higher.  Picture yourself graduating from high school.  What do you want to be when you grow up?


where Glory meets my suffering