Saturday, September 17, 2011

Robot League!

A few months ago, our superintendent told us about a robot league.  Students do research, then program a robot to complete obstacles in a course.  I thought it sounded fun, so I looked into it.

Well, the entire program would have cost about $1,000.  We don't have that kind of money, so I called the coordinator and asked her if they had a grant that I could apply for.  She said she would speak with the Lego company, Microsoft, and NASA.  A few months later, she told me that we had been fully funded!

Whiteriver Elementary now has their own robot and the students are in the robot league.  They have named themselves the "New Explorers" and they have named their robot "Bob". 
The name of the robot has special meaning for me.  My late grandfather's name was Bob.  He had a lucrative career in electronics.  Very cutting edge stuff.  I am excited to see his legacy live on. 

where Glory meets my suffering