Thursday, September 15, 2011

Beauty From Ashes

I recently heard about a special program that Disney is doing called Disney Planet Challenge.  Since I teach Science, I thought it would be fun to enter the contest and see what happens.

Well, then Disney sent out a message on Facebook that they will fund the first 100 projects that sign up through DonorsChoose.org.  I signed up this weekend and woke up at 5 am to be one of the first 100 teachers to register.  Then, I prayed.  I prayed that God would bless these kids.  He gives them Beauty for Ashes.

At about 11:00 I received word that Disney would fully fund our project!  Hallelujah!  To Him goes the glory.  Click on our site to see what we are up to: http://www.donorschoose.org/rodriguez

***I received word the other day that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation want to donate $100 to my classroom project.  But since Disney has the paid the bill, I should make a new project.  I'm thinking Math this time.  Any suggestions?

where Glory meets my suffering