Sunday, January 24, 2010

Only a Mom Can Understand



Does your child talk in code?  Does your toddler say things that only you understand?  My kids are like that.  To be honest, I understand every word that comes out of their mouths and I am surprised when others can't understand it.  But, it's because I'm "mom". 

Joshua is my dual-language son.  He is learning more Spanish than Jack and therefore, has an ESL type of speech pattern.  His words are segmented more and he uses more "code" than Jack does.  Either way, it's darn cute.

We have David Crowder's Church Music on our iPod in the car.  The boys really enjoy the "Oh, Happiness" song and we sing it often.  Well, I should say that Jack and I sing "Oh, Happiness".  Joshua, on the other hand, sings "Oh, Happy Mess".  I'll wait until you stop laughing. 

Here's the real funny part.  Josh doesn't refer to it as "Oh, Happiness" or "Oh, Happy Mess".  His name for that song is ................... drum roll please..............."The Clean Up Song".  And I know exactly what he's talking about.

where Glory meets my suffering