Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Cure for Cabin Fever

We have been getting hammered by snow lately and have had a lot of snow days (i.e., lots of time at home). We have read all our books. We have watched all our movies at least 1,000 times (seriously, I lost count after 33 Finding Nemo's). We have re-discovered our Library. There is a plethora of "new" books AND they have movies. FREE. Did I mention FREE? FREE. They also have puzzles and coloring books. Free wifi. There's that free again. Now, if they only had a Starbucks.........



Our town is building a new library. The current library is on the bottom floor of city offices. The new one will be located right across the street. If you look closely, you can see my white mom van in the bottom of the screen. I guess we go to the library more often than I thought. If you look at the tall tower in the middle of the new library, that will be the new fireplace. The new library will have a "living room" setting with couches and a huge stone fireplace and they envision children laying on the floor reading. Seriously, they have not met my children. I envision my children jumping off the couches. I envision my children trying to help stoke the fire. Mind you, my children are not "wild animals", they are just VERY ACTIVE boys. And I am just being honest.

So, as I sit here and type this on yet another snow day, I'm wondering, what do you do to cure Cabin Fever?

where Glory meets my suffering