Monday, January 25, 2010

Biggest Loser



So, which team are you on?  Team Susan?  Goal: lose 12 pounds.  Team Joe?  Goal: gain 12 pounds.

After one week, we have a Biggest Loser.  Whew!  I cut back on soda.  I thought about cutting back on mochas.  I shoveled snow.  I shoveled some more snow.  Then, I woke up and shoveled even more snow.  To give you a visual, our driveway is double wide and two car lengths long.  I shoveled the entire driveway 5 times last week for a total of 4 feet of wet, icy snow.  My biceps and pecs hurt.  I also took the stationary bike out of the guest room and dusted it off.  I even used it.  All that, I have lost 2 pounds.  I am a big loser.

Joe made changes too.  He tried to eat more.  This was by far the hardest thing for me to watch.  He ate a huge breakfast and TWO lunches everyday!  He tried not to burn too many calories.  He was chivalrous and tried to help shovel a few times, but he got too tired.  He tried to ride the bike too, but he pooped out LONG before I did!  So, did he build muscle?  Did he pack on the pounds?  Did he gain as much as I lost?

Sadly, no.  He lost 2 pounds also.  He is devastated.  We really don't know what it will take for him to gain weight.  We have to be real careful about what he can take and eat.  As I write this, he is in the bathroom, sick.  Losing more weight.  Please pray for him.  He is our Biggest Loser.

where Glory meets my suffering