Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Craft



One of the best things about being a teacher, is that you are surrounded by greatness.

A Kindergarten teacher that I work with, had extra Christmas crafts for Jack and Josh. This one was so easy. You get a styrofoam cone, toothpicks, and mini-marshmellows. Snap the toothpicks in half. Stab a mini-marshmellow with the toothpick and then insert it into the cone. Jack did very well, I thought, for being only 4 (almost) and the Kinders are 5-6 years old. His looked like this:


Joshua, on the other hand, is a creation unto his own. He made the tree just fine. It was cute, although it didn't have as many marshmellows on it as Jack's did. That's funny, I thought I gave him the same amount. Somehow they were disappearing. I could not imagine that he was eating them all, as I don't like marshmellows, hence I never buy them for the kids. At the end of the project, his tree looked ok, but after 5 minutes in his bedroom, this is what I found:



Do you think Josh likes marshmellows?

where Glory meets my suffering