Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wood Update

I know that you are dying to see our wood pile. I know. I can sense it. Everyone is as excited as I am about our wood. (click here to read about our wood collecting) Let me just say that I am so proud of my husband who has collected every single piece of it. This from a man who was so sick last year that we only got 1/2 cord.



This is the pile that he has split already. You can't tell from the pic, but it is 4 rows deep. He still has more to split.



And yes, he cuts down the tree, cuts it into rounds, splits it, and stacks it. And he will stack it again and again about 6 times over the winter, every time adjusting it just so. Sorted by type. Sorted by size. Sorted by .... actually I don't even know of other ways to sort it, but he is very particular about his wood.



Here is a picture of the pile Joshie stacked. Just like Dad.

where Glory meets my suffering