Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Iced Mochas for only 18 cents!


I know! Iced Mochas for only 18 cents!? Tax alone costs more than that. Until you learn how to make it at home. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.


I must admit that I got the original recipe from http://www.momadvice.com/. If you are not checking her out, you really must. I get good ideas every day. She shared a recipe for a peppermint mocha. I just tailored it to fit my tastes and I'm in love.


I don't drink alcohol. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't go on huge shopping sprees. My vice is Iced Mocha. I used to get it at Starbucks, but McDonald's came out with the McCafe. It was cheaper, sweeter, and drive-thru. The only draw back was that it was out of the way (like 10 minutes away) and it still cost $3 a pop. And I could have a mocha everyday, if my budget allowed.


So, when I saw this recipe I had to try it. Here's how it works:


6 coffee ice cubes

2 Tb sugar

1/8 cup chocolate syrup

1 cup milk


Blend.


Coffee ice cubes? yeah. I was making my mochas before but they always tasted watered down. Well, you know that coffee in your carafe at the end of the morning? You don't drink it and you throw it away, right? Well, stop. Let it cool and then pour it into ice cube trays. I get about 8-10 cubes per day just from left over coffee. Oh, and it doesn't have to be fancy, flavored coffee. Just plain old Folgers will do as you will spice it up with the chocolate. I figure with this recipe I can save us at least $30 per month (I would have wanted more mochas, but felt guilty) and I don't have to drive anywhere. This is just what I need before I go back to work.

where Glory meets my suffering