Friday, May 29, 2009

You Know You Need to Diet When....


This is a true story. You know you need to diet when....


After enjoying a campfire in your backyard and eating a big dinner, you sit on the toilet and it BREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Come on now, I know I could stand to lose a few pounds, but breaking porcelin?!!!!!!!!! There goes $150 down the drain. ha ha. Down the drain! I CRACK myself up! CRACK! My friends try to make me feel better and tell me that it must have had a hairline fracture. Hairline fracture, my bu**! There I go again. It's a good thing I have a sense of humor. I never did like that toilet anyway. So, there.


But this does remind me of another humbling time. It was back when Joe and I lived in our "cabin" in Wawona (Yosemite). The entire cabin was 125 square feet for a bedroom, living room, kitchen, and bathroom. I was cooking ribs one day in the crockpot, but since we had no countertop, I had the crockpot on a TV tray. I turned around in my "kitchen" and my big rump knocked over the TV tray, sending the crockpot crashing to the floor, along with my delicious ribs. Dang. They looked so tasty laying there on the floor with shards of crockpot scattered. You know you need to diet when.....

where Glory meets my suffering