Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally gave in

So, I finally gave in. I have tried to keep a "Better Homes and Garden" feel for the house for years now. It was easy when it was just Joe and me. Then Jack came. Still, it was easy before he could walk. Then Josh came and I can barely keep the countertops clean.

My table has been a showpiece for many years. You know, if you've been over for my countless cookie parties, potlucks, game nights, Thanksgiving dinners, etc. I love the wood and I love decorating it. I polish it at least once a week. My boys have begun to mark it up lately. I don't mind so much, as I feel a table with marks adds character. But, the character has been coming faster than I anticipated.

If I ever did cover it, it was with a cloth tablecloth only. Vinyl would have looked tacky. Usually though, we just used placemats (cloth, again). Clean, clean, clean. This weekend, I bought a vinyl tablecloth. I am in the Easter mood and wanted something cheery. I LOVE it! The boys can't scratch my table. It was super easy to wipe clean after they ate. Jack even spilled some juice and it didn't go in the crack. I just wiped it up.

I can't believe I fought vinyl tablecloths for so long. I am going to buy one now for every season. Too cute. As Martha Stewart would say, "it's a good thing."

where Glory meets my suffering