Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday Surprise

So, I won't lie to you. Money is tight. I don't expect (or even want) much for my birthdays anymore. I guess that's a part of growing up. But, I do like to go out on my birthday. Who wants to cook dinner after working all day on their birthday?

Luckily, my birthday fell on a Thursday this year and our favorite restaurant has a dollar menu on Thursdays. The waitress overheard that it was my birthday and brought me fried ice cream. I LOVE fried ice cream but never get it. Well, that's not so special because most restaurants will give you a free dessert for your birthday. Here is the special part:

While we were there, one of the waitresses was celebrating her birthday too. They had ice cream cake and chocolate dipped strawberries. I love ice ceam cake. I don't like cake, but something about ice cream cake is amazing. Yumm. I was shopping this weekend and priced the ice cream cake in town at $16. Way too expensive. Besides, we don't need a huge cake sitting around, taking up room in my freezer, and getting me fat. The waitress shared her cake with us and gave us strawberries too. So sweet!

So, my whole birthday celebration cost $13 and I got exactly what I wanted. For the locals, the restaurant is El Farol in the old Johnny Angel's building. Good food and great service.

where Glory meets my suffering