Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring has sprung

I am so happy it's spring. Usually Autumn is my favorite, but after this long, difficult winter, I am happy for spring. It truly is a re-birth.

We have been using our weekends for local outings (I almost called them field trips; I'm such a teacher). We went to Canyon Creek Fish Hatchery 2 weeks ago. We had the entire mountain to ourselves. The boys rode their bikes, Joe went on a hike, I rested. Then, Joe flew a kite with the boys. I don't recommend flying a kite in the mountains. Too many pine trees. Nuf said. Then we went on a 3 mile hike. Have I told you how much I love it here?

Last weekend, my sister came in. We had fun even though I had to work everyday. She came in to observe me in the classroom. On Friday, I had her do a lesson with my students. Natural born teacher.

The other day, Joshie came to me in the kitchen and told me, "Jack-Jack, bad choice". I went to see what Jack had done. I'll let the picture tell the story.



The weather has been nice and the boys are playing outside more. They love to chase butterflies. Josh really gets excited about it. The rest of the time, they ride their bikes up and down the street.

Speaking of bikes... We have seen the nice quads in Wal-mart for the boys, but they are $300. Out of our budget for sure. Well, our neighbor, Harvey, had one for his grandson. Chase was outgrowing it and the battery wasn't holding a charge, so Harvey gave it to us for free. We bought a new battery for $35 and Joe spliced it with the correct connectors. Works like a charm. The boys LOVE their Jeep!





Jack is very good at it, but Joshie is still having a hard time with the steering. I tried to take a pic of Joshie driving, but he won't stop for a second. These shots are action shots.

Then, one minute later, he crashes.





I gave the Jeep back to Jack and put Joshie back on his tricycle. One minute later, he crashes that! The boy knows no fear.

where Glory meets my suffering