Thursday, March 5, 2009

Boredom Bets

Joe and the boys have gone to El Paso for 4 days. I have to work today, so I didn't go. But I do have the next 3 days off. I have never been alone in our home. Never. In fact, the only time I have even been alone anywhere was last August when Crystal watched the boys for me so I could go to Dallas with BeautiControl. But even there, I wasn't alone, as there were 5000 BeautiControl sisters and we were sleeping 4 people in our hotel room.

So, 4 days to myself. What will I do? I won't have to change diapers. I won't have to prepare big meals. I won't have to give baths. I won't even have to talk. So, this has prompted me to think.... will I get bored? Will I start to talk to myself? What will I do?

Well, I have a goal in mind. My goal is to sleep 8 hours straight. I know, I know, crazy talk. Especially after getting only 4 hours sleep last night. The boys have allergies.

I also think I might venture into the adult section in the library. I will not walk into the children's section. I will not say hello to the fish. I will not check out a Bob the Builder or Jay-Jay DVD. In fact, I hear that they have adult DVD's in the library. You can't beat free. And, with no kids, I might be able to watch an entire movie without having to get up half-way through to get snacks or to break up a fight.

I'm not afraid of being alone, I'm afraid of getting bored. So, if you're local and you want to get together for a mocha or tea, give me a call. And, you can even call after 8 pm because the kids won't be asleep. But, wait, I might. Better yet, don't call after 8 pm.

where Glory meets my suffering