Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Spoon Song



As you know, we love to sing around our house, hence "Rodriguez Rock Stars". Frequently, we will make up new ditties to fit what we are doing at the time. As the boys were setting the table (Yes, my boys (ages three and not-even-two) set the table) Jack asked me to sing the Spoon Song. I racked my brains trying to think of the Spoon Song. Is this a new Wiggles song? After all, they do have a song about Fruit Salad and Cold Spaghetti. Is this a VeggieTales song? I'm so out of the loop now that I go to work everyday and don't see what he is watching.

I tried to make up a new song with the word "spoon" in it. Nope. I asked him to sing it for me. Nope. I asked Joe. He also tried to put the word "spoon" to an old tune. Nope. Arggg! What is this spoon song?

Later, after dinner, we were doing circle time in their room and I found one of their cd's that we had not played in months (maybe even a year). The second song on it.............. Hey Diddle Diddle. The "spoon" song. And the dish ran away with the spoon, the spoon. And the dish ran away with the spoon. That's why he wanted to sing it while they were setting the table. Too funny!

where Glory meets my suffering